Multimaterial Dryer: Low humidity for high performance
Hydrolysis is a chemical reaction in which a molecule of water breaks one or more chemical
bonds. In this case, some filaments that have a certain chemical structure, absorb moisture from the environment and H2O causes this effect. This affects the physical and chemical properties of the material, including plastic impact resistance, since the polymer chain is modified. This consequence is irreversible. It is therefore very important to take care of the filament once it is opened.
can affect the filament within two hours of exposure.
Let’s take the example of the orange elephant:
- Cracks in filaments + slamming noise when the filament is pushed into the extruder
- Holes in the top of the rooms
- The tip of the extruder makes bubbles with a steam jet, stringy or drooling
- Poor bed grip
- Repeated printouts are inconsistent or fail without changing settings
- The extruder motor stops but the filament continues to come out
- Parts become soft, fragile and break easily
- Extruder jam
Preserve the properties of your materials!
Smart3D launches a new machine in response to a common problem in 3D printing: humidity.
The Smart3D Multimaterials Dryer has been developed to dry your 3D printing materials. This hybrid drying technology quickly dries your filament and preserves its properties, ensuring that your material is in the best conditions to be printed.
This drying process makes it possible to dry your filaments much faster than any other solution on the market
today. In 1-2 hours you can have the full storage capacity of the dryer in perfect conditions and ready to use. It is also possible to dry several different materials at the same time, so that it is possible, for example, to dry together PVA, nylon and TPU.
The Smart3D Multimaterial Dryer is compatible with any 3D printing filament with a diameter of up to 500 mm, which makes it possible to dry virtually all filament coils on the market. Its drying and storage capacity can vary depending on the size of the coils, with a maximum of 30 coils of filaments.
- Thanks to its 7-inch touch screen, you can access a lot of information about the drying process, dried materials, your stock of materials, and many other features.
- The Smart3D Multimaterial Dryer complies with the Industry 4.0 standard, it is accessible to third-party applications and can be integrated into your print fleet (with ethernet and Wi-Fi access).
- Product dimensions: L: 892 mm – D: 500 mm – H: 825 mm
- Internal storage capacity: L: 733 mm / 28.9″ – D: 250 mm / 9.8″ – H: 506 mm / 19.9
- Maximum coil diameter: 500 mm / 19.7″.
- Cycle length: <2h
- Drying capacity: Up to 30 coils (depending on the size of the coils)
- Compatibility: Filament coils of any material and brand
- Connectivity: Ethernet, USB
- Display: 7-inch color touch screen
- Rated voltage: 110 – 240V / 50 – 60 Hz
- Auxiliary power outlet: 110 – 240V / 50 – 60 Hz / 4 – 2A
- Coil recognition: Thanks to rfid tag
- Reports and statistics: Temperature, humidity and drying cycles
- Updates: Via Ethernet
- I4.0 compliant: Yes