Contains all you’ll need to upgrade your standard E3D V6 Hot End to the new Sock & Thermistor Cartridge Block.
Read all about them in the Blog Post.
- V6 cartridge-style heater block
- Silicone Sock V6 (x3)
- The new cartridge thermistor
- Thermistor cable
Silicone Socks are also available in sets of 3!
- These socks will keep your nozzle clean and free of burnt-on blackened plastic. They don’t just keep the nozzle clean, but also keep heat inside the HotEnd and off the print.
- Made of a heat-resistant, non-stick silicone material that will repel build-up of molten plastic. This really helps with sticky materials like Co-Polyesters and filled materials that like to build up on nozzles.
- Socks also offer a huge boost in temperature stability, particularly if you use high airflow cooling around the nozzle to cool the print. The possibility for cooling combined with reduced radiation of heat from the block and nozzle to the print really boost the ability to print great overhangs and bridges, all while keeping the hotend temperature extremely stable.
- The covers simply push onto the front of an E3D HotEnd with no disassembly—they will be a tight fit when first pushed on cold, but when hot the silicone will expand to the correct size to fit the hotend snugly. The elastic material will fit all nozzle sizes in the range from 0.15mm to 0.80mm
- Socks don’t last forever. Depending on what materials you print and how much abuse they get they eventually wear away at the nozzle tip. Even with sticky abrasive materials and a bit of abuse they should easily last 100+ print hours. With less sticky materials (like ABS) and gentler use you can get almost infinite life. Your mileage may vary.
This upgrade kit is for legacy E3D V6 Hot Ends. It is a suitable upgrade any V6, Lite6 and Chimera purchased prior to June 2016. This kit upgrades your HotEnd to the latest version, making it compatible with E3D’s ecosystem of blocks and nozzles. As an added bonus, it includes a silicone sock for your new block.
See our full documentation here: https://e3d-online.dozuki.com