A good adhesion of your impression to the printing is an important one in 3D printing!
In order to keep your object fixed during printing and avoid warping, there is now DimaFix – Pen.
DimaFix Pen is a new product based on the Dimafix – Fixative Spray (an aerosol spray for 3D printers with a heated print platen, which prevents the detachment of objects on a large scale).
Dimafix – Pen retains the same adhesion properties as the Dimafix Adhesive Spray that provides a strong bond between the first layer and the print bed when the bed is heated above 60ºC.
Below 60ºC Dimafix becomes inactive, so copies can easily be removed from the print tray. DimaFix – Pen creates a strong bond between glass and plastic, easy to remove when needed.
Dimafix is completely soluble in water, so cleaning the print tray is an easy process. The Dimafix – Pen can be used more than 100 times and contains no gas.
The different temperature of the printing plate causes different levels of adhesion:
- Below 60ºC: No adhesion, objects can be detached from the plate.
- 60 – 75ºC: Average adhesion, for simple geometries.
- 75 – 95ºC: High adhesion, for complex geometries and long prints.
- Above 95ºC: Very high adhesion, for very complex geometries and very long prints.
- Avoid warping (detachment of the plateau)
- Suitable for all types of materials (especially ABS filaments)
- Strong binding during printing
- Once printed, the part will come off automatically
- Recommended for printing on heated platens
- Easy to clean, the product is soluble in water
- Each pen can allow more than 100 uses
How to use the DimaFix – Pen:
1.Well shake the Dimafix – Pen before use
2. Check that the print bed temperature is below 50ºC and apply Dimafix to your print bed.
3. Wait a few seconds for the print surface to dray and warm your print bed
4. Keep the print bed temperature above 85ºC during printing
5. After printing, wait for the print bed to cool down and remove your printed object from the print bed as it detaches